Clopton Church map
Clopton Church has its own website (see link at foot of page), but here is a short extract from the church's history page.
"Clopton church stands in one corner of the village. The present building dates from the 13th century.
The oldest feature is the octagonal font with step and quatrefoil riser and simple early 15th century Perpendicular design.
The nave roof is single hammerbeam with arched braces and kingposts. Prone angels give functional support to the roof. The shields they hold depict emblems of the trinity and symbols of the Passion of Christ.
An early piscine in the south wall gives evidence of at least one altar before a chancel screen. In 1883 extensive restoration took place.
A large memorial board at the west end lists the names of the 212 men of the USA 493rd Bombardment Group killed during WWII who were stationed at Debach/Clopton. The original flag from the Base hangs over the memorial.
The church is open daily during daylight hours."
For more information about Clopton church and the times of Services please visit the Clopton Church web-site